Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:08:01 -0400
"LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote on 08/23/2005 05:04:51 PM:

> <rant>
> This situation reflects an attitude which has become the norm, rather
than the
> exception, in the software industry. Big companies ignore standards,do
things
> their own way, expect everyone else to modify their products to accept
the
> deviant behavior, and rely on apologists to rationalize this arrogance
by
> pointing out that the offender has a significant share of the
> market. I suspect
> that the corporate moguls who make these decisions were either
schoolyard
> bullies who have not changed their behavior, or victims of schoolyard
bullies
> who, in some warped way, believe they are getting even.
> </rant>

FWIW, I agree with this rant.  Many years ago, I bought a v.32bis modem
made by a very famous CPU manufacturer.  It worked pretty good, but would
not connect to the leading brand's dual standard modem.  I called tech
support and was told "Well, there are just some modems that we won't work
with."  I buy AMD processors when I can because I'm still pissed at their
attitude.

(Speaking of spam filters, the humorous, but fake tags above will also
trigger some filters.)