Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Bernie A Fuggle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 06:53:13 -0500
text/plain (13 lines)
We have a web based application which allows creation of  lists. It's basically a generic header where the admin folks add the owner and select what "type" of list
it will be. Each of our lists is reflected in an LDAP directory which is also updated at list creation time The owner of the list is notified by email and provided a url where they can then customise the list header as they choose (or not)..
The owner of the list is responsible for making the list behave as he/she chooses. Each element of the header which we allow an owner to change is fully supported by a  help page.
There are certain 'groups' of lists where the only things the owners of those lists can see/change are the Owner/editor/moderator fields.

Tom Kozma wrote:

> I am curious if all of you who are LISTSERV administrators actually create all the new lists for your site. I am the List Admin for our site, and so far I have always been the one to create new lists. But there is some sentiment here that this is a low-level task that could be relegated to a clerical position or, possibly, automated. So I'd just like to get some feedback on how this is handled at other LISTSERV sites, and the pros and cons of letting someone other than the List Admin create new lists. Thanks.
> --
> Tom Kozma                                  Phone: 313-577-4821
> Academic Computing & Customer Services       Fax: 313-577-8787
> WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY, Detroit MI 48202   Email: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2