"Christopher M. Condon" <BITLIB@YALEVMX>
Sat, 20 Sep 1986 12:29 EST
Redistributing the lists sound like a good idea, however, If I were the
person in Arpanet running a list I would like to know who in BITNET was
subscribing to my list.  For example, I like to know how many people are
subscribing to NetMonth (I still don't use Listserv to mail them...yet)
since I use that as a measure of growth.  For example, if 50 people are
getting NetMonth from LISTSERV@SOMENODE  and I don't know about it, that
is 50 people who are not on my mailing list (which is a boon), but as
far as I know my distribution is 50 people les than it really is.
There might also be some duplication between my list and the Listserv's,
so...

An Arpa mailing list coordinator would have to refer all of the requests
to get on his list coming from BITNET to a LISTSERV, which might not be
a bad idea, but a pain in the neck for him, maybe.