"Hamilton, Bill R" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 May 2000 13:55:31 -0400
I'm curious why the concerns about the stability of your NT host.  We have quite a few more than 125k subscribers.

Bill Hamilton

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Audette [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 1:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Setting up a Linux Host

Hi everyone,

We are currently running Listserv on an NT machine. We publish
several discussion lists and have a total of about 125k
subscribers, so the load is not too severe yet. However, I have
concerns about the stability of our NT host and am growing weary of
rebooting the machine every few days.

Okay, so I have decided to run Listserv on a Linux machine. I am
excited to do this, but I have only intermediate-level experience
with the LinuxOS. I have never installed it on a server, either.

Now I don't want to get in too deep here, and the last thing I can
risk is costing our company money in the transition from NT to
Linux.

The installation docs seem very comprehensive, I'm not worried
about that. What I am interested in is hearing some feedback from
other administrators who have set up Listserv on a Linux host. Any
help for a (green but enthusiastic) colleague?

My thanks,
Adam Audette

The Email Discussion List Publisher
      http://www.audettemedia.com/