CERN Eric Thomas <ERIC@CEARN>
Mon, 14 Sep 1987 15:11 GVA
  To  accomodate  complaints  from  people  who said  that  80-cols  mail  was
difficult to read under some editors, I  had made a change in LSVMAIL to split
long lines at col  79. Now this appears to cause a  problem with LPUNCH format
files which go through the same routine, so I changed it back to 80 and cursed
myself  for  not   seeing  the  problem  before.  A  fix   is  available  from
LISTSERV@CEARN if you want to install it. This only affects stuff which is not
generated  by LISTSERV  and has  to be  split. Mailforms  (LSVIMAIL) and  long
messages (LSVTELL) will still be folded at  column 79 (and between words if at
all possible).

  Eric