Jim Toth <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:32:30 -0500
On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:19:47PM -0500, Gregory Hansell
([log in to unmask]) said:
> Right now our website uses a PERL script to go to the Listserv
> archive/notebook of some of our lists, grabs all new postings, and
> then imports the postings into our SQL database, where they are then
> coded for certain features and are displayed dynamically based on
> date and code on our homepage.
>
> The problem is the PERL script has difficultly contending with the
> formating of the listserv archives (i.e. the ='s, 09's, etc). Is
> there any API or control that listserv or third party has available
> for accessing the listserv archives in the way that the web
> interface does, reading the formating of the postings in the
> archive? We would like to re-write the script, which never really
> worked that great.

If you want to keep using Perl, installing MIME::Parse from CPAN
might help you out, if I'm correctly reading what you want.

In particular, are you talking about the long lines of
=========(etc) that appear to separate the messages (don't
know if that's something Listserv-y or some mailbox format I
haven't heard of), or about the occasional "=" at the end of
a line (which is part of what quoted-printable encoding does
and is something email clients do, rather than Listserv)?

--
Jim Toth
Using "I'm sick and mildly fevered" as my official