"Duane D. Weaver" <TS0007@OHSTVMA>
Mon, 25 Apr 88 13:15:49 EST
>>  I do believe that ListServ postmasters should be able to
>>make a global delete command, since we are the ones that get the
>>errors when a user doesn't exist.
>
>What is a LISTSERV postmaster? LISTSERV@A does not know the postmasters
>of LISTSERV@B, nor should it have to.
>
>>  Maybe it could be changed so ListServ PostMasters could only
>>delete the users on their site, or maybe delete only the
>>users that don't exist.
>
>LISTSERV postmasters can already delete users from their site. How can
>LISTSERV@A know that X@B exists or does not exist???
>
>  Eric
I knew of one particular staff person who left here, and his userid was
on 3 lists at 3 different sites.  AS postmaster for LISTSERV@OHSTVMA
I could only delete the user from one list since the list was at OHSTVMA.

However I could not delete the userid off of the list at the other 2 sites
since I am not the NAD.  Why should I go seek the assistance of the NAD
for OHSTVMA to delete a userid on a list with LISTSERV at 2 other sites?

At times  be more
I tend to be more observant of the number of spool files belonging to
our users, while our NAD is more concern with RSCS files.

Additionally, the deletion of userids from our VM system is handled
entirely by another office within this computer center.  How can
they can go about deleting userids from various lists?

Duane