Mon, 4 Oct 1993 14:10:00 -0400
Dave Gomberg writes:
>Unreachable list subscribers:  On the one list I own, I unsub ANYBODY
>who fails to receive ONE mail.  Am I being too tough?   Is there a
>standard on this?  Thanks.
To me that seems to be a little tough, but if the list you run is very
active, I can see why you might do that.  Personally, I tend to remove
people after their mail bounces three consecutive days.  (However, if the
discussion is getting heated and list traffic is high, I might remove
someone sooner.)  It is fairly common for me to see a single bounce due to
some network glitch and have all the other messages to the person go
through fine.  Also, it is fairly common to have things bounce over a
weekend because a university is doing work on its system or a routing table
is scrambled somewhere.

Ellen Kranzer
INTERNET: [log in to unmask]
BITNET:   laspau@harvarda