"Mark R. Williamson" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 15:28:48 -0600
At 5:41 AM -0600 12/6/96, Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr wrote:
>  Are you sure about this? LISTSERV probes are sent with individual "From:"
>addresses so LISTSERV can track the bounces, and I think LISTSERV takes
>action on the addresses which bounce. I don't see how the above will do
>either of those...

Peter's method doesn't result in a fully-automated LISTSERV renewal probe,
rather it is a mechanically-assisted manual probe.  The error messages will
come back to you, the sender and presumed list owner, not the list or the
server.  It will be up to you to act on the error messages, just like in
the bad old days when we all sent these one or a few at a time when we
suspected a problem was related to some near-miss subscription(s).

Mark R. Williamson