John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:49:38 -0500
> Hello all,
>
> More requests from users;
>
> This time we would like to know whether there is any easy way of effectively
> logging off from a listserv web site, so that you can then subsequently log
> back in under a new email address.
>
> Some users have multiple email addresses to manage different lists, when
> they login and save their password in a cookie, they cannot then access
> their other lists unless they manually delete the cookie that has been
> created.

This is correct. If they actually need to log in under different addresses,
they should not be saving their info in a cookie. Cookies are meant for Owners
who use the same login all the time.

> Is there any way listserv can handle this sort of request automatically,
> i.e. remove a users cookie, or can someone point me in the right direction
> to create something that could remove a users cookie from a web button.

http://domain/scripts/wa.exe?RESET-COOKIE
is the only way to remove a cookie without manually editing their local cookie
file.  It would seem a lot easier if these owners would just add one of their
addresses as a Quiet Owner to all these lists, then manage them at the same
time with the same log in. Using a cookie then would make sense.