Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Jan 2010 02:54:34 +0100
> I've edited the Makefile to use /export/home/listserv as the LSVROOT,
> and modified a few other things for Solaris, namely:
>
>     - CFLAGS=-O -xarch=amd64
>         Otherwise I get "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64" errors on make
>         install.  The documentation mentions calling -m32, but this
>         compiler flag doesn't appear to work with Sun Studio 11, and,
>         in any case, I want to build for 64-bit....

I don't use the same makefile for development that we ship for installation, but my settings are:

CFLAGS=-O -funsigned-char

I always use -funsigned-char as an old habit, but you probably do not need it. For linking I use these libraries:

-lsocket -lnsl -lresolv -lldap

I did not have to install any special packages to get them. You do not need -llber on Solaris 10, it is only needed with the special Solaris 8 kit built with openLDAP. I suspect that we forgot to update the makefile.

  Eric