Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:45:01 -0500
Paul Karagianis wrote:

> On 12 Jan 00, at 12:22, Stan Horwitz wrote:
>
> >Both these options would be very welcome by me too! The option of setting
> >an automatic archive deletion would be a major plus in my environment.
>
> OK, I feel bad about doing a "me too!" posting but, uh, this would also
> turn up very high on our wish-list too.  -Kary

Same here.  And/or, having a way to manage them -interactively-
through the Web interface, such as giving them a list of what's
out there and letting them click next to the ones they want to
trash or whatever.  My list owners generally seem to love the Web
interface once I can persuade them to try it, and this would be
another way to do that.  (And even if I end up having to do it
for them, I'd rather use the Web interface myself!)

Even though I totally understand the reason why you can only have
one PUT command in an email, some list owners never use the PUT
command for anything except removing archives.  In fact, now that
we have the Web interface, many of ours hardly ever use any email
commands at all except for removing archives.  And they almost
always want to remove a whole bunch at once.  So it's unfortunate
that this is the -one- place where you not only have to use email,
but a separate email for each file.

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University