"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Sep 1992 20:39:54 EDT
On Sat, 12 Sep 1992 00:33:30 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>The current  version of  LISTSERV implemented  "Send= Owner"  through the
>equivalent of  an OTHERWISE  clause -  anything unrecognized  allowed the
>list owners, and only them, to post. This made it possible to code "Send=
>Owners" with the desired effect, even  though this was never a documented
>possibility. The new 1.7d code works differently, so this fails.
>
>If there  are enough people with  good reasons to want  "Send= Owners" to
>work, I might change the code to make it work under 1.7d as well.

I just checked, and I have 2 lists with Send= Owner.  I imagine that
I can set them to Send= Editor, though I could imagine a information
publishing list, where you wanted to get things to subscribers, and
only from select people, and you would rather return things not from
the owner, than to forward it to the owner, like the Editor does.
(ie, I think it would be a good idea to support Send=Owner)

>  Eric
/ahw