Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 14:18:08 CST
On Fri, 17 Feb 1995 08:08:36 -0500 SHIRLEY VARMETTE - SOCIOLOGY said:
>Some never answered my first inquiry, and my own univ saaaid NO WAY.
                                           -------------------------

That seems pretty unsocialble of them....

>(BY the way, what does majordomo mean?)

majordomo is a (poor) Listserv wannabe.  I suppose for people that only
want a program to serve their own internal lists, it would be ok, but
if you want it to go outside to the real world, Listserv is really the
only good answer.

And no, Eric didn't pay me to say that!  ;-)

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-9520 (work)

If you want to make life easier for novice computer users, do NOT give
them a restricted menu.  A restricted menu is simply the lazy way to
avoid teaching them what they really need to know in the first place.