Jim Gerland - Manager User Support Services <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Feb 1991 07:56:40 EST
I had been having trouble with LISTSERV "losing' its storage under VM/XA
SP 2.1 PUT9002 SL202.

Thanks to David Nessel, we were able to apply the following:

++++ Appended 4 lines by Steve Roder (TKSSTEVE@UBVM) on 02/07/91 13:46:17.
     Received APAR VM43126 (for DMSWIN, DMSCCS), along with pre-req APARS
VM42428, VM42264, VM38921, and VM40195 (hitting DMSWIN, DMSITI, DMSCCS, and
DMSCCX).  I have applied these to CMST (MAINT's 490) for Jim Gerland to test.
In order to test LISTSERV, just have it IPL CMST rather than CMS.
+--- End of append on Thursday February 7th, 1991.

LISTSERV had been running fine until last evening when once again I
received the following in the console log:

++++ Appended 3 lines by Jim Gerland (GERLAND@UBVM) on 02/07/91 14:59:02.
DMSFRO159E Insufficient storage available to satisfy free storage request from 0
DMSFRO159E Insufficient storage available to satisfy free storage request from 0
DMSFRO159E Insufficient storage available to satisfy free storage request from 0
DMSFRO159E Insufficient storage available to satisfy free storage request from 0
DMSFRO159E Insufficient storage available to satisfy free storage request from 0
DMSFRO159E Insufficient storage available to satisfy free storage request from 0
   149 +++  Parse var l.i dd .
DMSREX450E Error 5 running LSVDBLS EXEC, line 149: Machine storage exhausted
   651 +++      Call LSVDBLS "OPEN" db origin session 0
   651 +++     Interpret 'Call' driver '"OPEN" db origin session 0'
   261 +++   Call SSearch
DMSREX475E Error 40 running LSVDBASE EXEC, line 651: Incorrect call to routine
20 Feb 1991 17:29:49 >>> REXX error occured while processing command <<<
20 Feb 1991 17:29:53 Sent information mail to GERLAND@UBVM

Does anyone have any other ideas?  Thanks,
Jim...