Ferhat Djavidan <DJAVI@TRBOUN>
Thu, 22 Feb 90 16:20:11 TST

> Ferhat: No, gateways have a tendancy to corrupt the binary files - such
> files need to be encoded with a special method which reduces the
> binary range of these files (so that for example, instead of using ASCII
> 0->255, it uses only '0'->'F', like the HEX option)..
>
> UUENCODE does this, it 'stretches' each 3-byte piece into four, and

  Thanks for the information but what for? I was talking about gateways
  that don't send NETDATA files whether the content is text or encoded
  binary-text which is text again.

> and it turns each byte into two hex bytes.. (Encoders for VM are
> available from LISTSERV@TREARN, decoders from TRICKLE@TREARN!)
> Regards, -turgut

  Can gateways send NETDATA? If yes, then let's ask them to send in that
  format? Right? After this, LISTSERV Line Monitor can work less stupid!
  :-)) I didn't use this word, Eric did! :)

  Ferhat