Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:52:48 -0600
At 08:04 PM 6/11/97 -0700, B Y wrote:
>I am a member of a listserv that is managed by St John's university.
>Unfortunatley, there are all sorts of internal problems ont he list and
>many people are leaving.  Without going into much detail, it is because
>of one heckler on the list.  The mail administrator apparently can not
>do anything because the list servs are not moderated.  At least this is
>my understanding.

The listserv administrator could serve the pest off if s/he cared to be
bothered and if you had enough good reason to do so.  The list owner could
also filter him, delete him, etc.  If you're the listowner, rtfm and do it.
 If you're not, you should be appealing to the owner to do so.  I can't
imagine that any university has a policy saying that moderated lists are
forbidden,a s it would be against their best interests to do so.

Also, there already may be other lists that cover the same topic.  Check
http://www.liszt.com/

Or spend a few bucks and start your list with Lsoft, http://www.lsoft.com.

cheers

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534