Lois Buwalda <LOIS@UCF1VM>
Wed, 6 Sep 89 23:07:13 EST
I have a user who would like to AFD to a FILELIST so that he will know
every time that a file is added to the filelist.  Unfortunately, the
filelist is associated with a mailing list which receives mail almost
every day.  Thus, the user ends up getting the filelist almost every
day.  Ick.  ;-)

From digging through the code a little, I noticed that LSVSFILE is
called every time mail is sent to the list.  Thus, the <listname>
FILELIST definition line in LISTSERV FILELIST is updated every time.
If this were not done when only mail is sent (i.e., if it were only
updated when a "real" file is stored), then the poor end user's AFD
would work properly.

Eric, is this feasible, or would it merely cause more problems that
I'm not thinking of late at night?  ;-)

Lois