Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:56:41 -0500
>I'd like to move the DIGEST and SUBJECTS files when I move the list.  Can I?
>Looks like the SUBJECTS file uses a HEX 15 to separate the subject from the rest of the data.  What is the character on Unix?

Hooray!  Same technique works as the one for signup files.  I send the DIGEST files as is to the appropriate directory on unix.  The SUBJECTS files are translated to ascii on VM, the hex 15 (LF) character is converted to hex 8A, an ascii LF (hex 0A) is appended to each line.  Finally the file is FTPed in BINARY to the unix host.  Digests continue to accumulate without a hickup.  Makes my life easier.  I can now move a list at any time of the day and not worry about digests that are still being accumulated.

--
Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
Postmaster & Listserv maintainer