Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:58:17 -0400
On Apr 5, 2006, at 8:16 AM — 4/5/06, Bruno Robichaud wrote:

> Hi, I only want you know what your thing of that system and is it
> enough?
>
> Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz 533FSB CPU
> Gigabyte 8I845GVM-RZ Mainboard
> 512MB PC3200 DDR Memory
> 80GB ATA 100 Hard Drive 7200rpm
> 52x CD-ROM Optical Drive
> Dynatron D33 1U Cooler with 90° Blower
> Real 256bit 2D/3D Graphics
> 10/100 Network Interface
> Slim 1U Rackmount 19.5” Deep w/ Front USB
> 250 Watt Power Supply
>

> We will put windows server 2003 on it, is with a system like that
> Listserv
> will have enough resource to do the work? Do we need more ram or
> cpu power?

That depends on what your LISTSERV traffic will be and what other
services, if any, that machine is intended to handle.
Suffice it to say that unless you expect extremely heavy traffic on
that server, it should be more than sufficient. You should;
however, consider adding more memory to it though. 512MB might be
okay for your needs, but memory is cheap, I suggest
you have at least 1GB if not 2GB of RAM in that system.