"Patrick B. O'Brien" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:21:51 -0700
This is a great List, Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: Do, Ho (NIH/CIT) [C] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:34 AM
To: Patrick B. O'Brien; LISTSERV site administrators' forum
Subject: RE: Send a List after hours

Patrick,

Actually, Prime-time does not stop all list emails unless you specify
"Prime= No" in all of your list.
According to lsoft document, you could set up your site configuration to
have:
PRIMETIME
Platforms

All

Abstract

Defines the "prime time" for your node, during which mail to lists
configured as "Prime= Yes" should not be processed. This option is
mostly for small machines that are very busy during business hours. See
Appendix B under the list header keyword "Prime=" for more information.
Note that the value for PRIMETIME must always be enclosed in quotes,
EXCEPT on Windows machines.

Do not confuse "prime time" for time that LISTSERV is allowed to process
mail. "Prime time" is the time during which LISTSERV is not allowed to
process mail, for example, it is the "prime time" of day on your machine
during which other operations must take precedence.

Example

VM:   PRIMETIME = 'MON-FRI: 0800-1700; SAT-SUN: -'

VMS:  PRIMETIME "MON-FRI: 0800-1700; SAT-SUN: -"

unix:PRIMETIME="MON-FRI: 0800-1700; SAT-SUN: -"

Win:  PRIMETIME=MON-FRI: 0800-1700; SAT-SUN: -

NOTE CAREFULLY that under Windows, the PRIMETIME= value IS NOT QUOTED.
For all other OS ports, the variable setting must be quoted as shown.

Default Value

MON-SUN: -

Wildcards -- Not allowed.

Then, for the list that you want to distribute mails after 6PM, you
might set "Prime= No" in the list's header.

Sincerely,

Ho Cao Do