Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 20:25:21 -0600
On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:08:57 -0500, Michael Roark <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I have been having trouble with subscribers "dropping off" my list. I went to ch
>eck the log file to find out if there was any entry pertaining to the issue and
>found that I had no ~listserv/listserv.log file. I did a system-wide search and
>found nothing. I am running Listserv Lite on Linux. Is there any way to make the
> prog log to file? Any suggestions on that or the lost subscribers?

Probably you are running LISTSERV in the foreground.  The log file is
created when you start or restart LISTSERV in background mode with the
/go bg command.

As to 'lost' users you could use the Notify= command in your list header(s)
so you would know when people leave.  Perhaps they find the list(s) is (are)
not what they had in mind.

LISTSERV-Lite questions are also handled on the LISTSERV-Lite mailing list