Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 11:19:50 CST
I hope there is someone here that can give me some adivce.  I own a
list that has:

* Send=Editor
* Editor=my-moderator-address
* Editor=(another list of approved people)

This list is one of those that has a Usenet group reflection (thanks to
Jim McIntosh) of a moderated group.  That means that some of the posts
come in from people subscribed to the list, and some come in from Usenet
readers that think the moderator is the listserv list.

If a post comes in from someone that is an approved postser, Listserv
automagically approves it and the post is delivered (to both groups)
without my intervention.  If a post comes in from someone not an approved
postser, Listserv sends the message to my-moderator-address where I
can either approve it (ie. send it back to the list) or reject it.

For the first 1.5 years I have owned this list, everything has been
cooking right alone just fine, but now the volume of traffic that I
have to look at everyday is getting to the point where I would like to
share the work with someone (I already have that someone who wants to
be a co-moderator).

My question is (I finally get to it):

How can I set things up such that approximately 1/2 the posts from
people come to me for approval and 1/2 go to the other guy.  I already
know that a potiential problem might be that some Usenet sites would
have to point one address, while other sites would point to another
address.  That's one reason why I'm cross posting this to
news.admin.technical and news.groups.questions (I'm not sure which group
is the right one).

One solution I had thought of is to peer the list on another listserv
somewhere else and have the other person listed as the first editor
other peer.  Would that work?

Suggestions?

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                      (409) 845-9520 (work)

"Our expectancies not only affect how we see reality, but also
 affect the reality itself."    - Edward E. Jones