Debby Quayle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:57:03 -0400
I have a LOT of users who are terribly confused by the confirmation text below:

>The TESTADMIN-L list  has been configured to request  explicit confirmation of
>all messages  posted to the list,  for security reasons. You  must now confirm
>that the message enclosed below did originate from you. To do so, simply reply
>to the present message and type "OK"  (without the quotes) in the text of your
>message. If this does not work, or  if the message did NOT originate from you,
>contact the list owner for assistance.

I find that at least half of all users think that they are supposed to find
the text of *their* message (which appears below this text in the message
the user receives from Listserv) and then insert OK into it!!!  Naturally,
this OK is now in the wrong place and the confirmation fails.

I went searching for the origins of this message and found that it is found
in my lsv program file and *not* in my default.mailtpl file.  Has anyone
had experience editing this text without screwing things up?  What is the
recommended "best practice".

I'm running 1.8c on Digital Unix 4.0b.

Debby