"Kenny, Melissa S" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:17:36 -0400
We run Listserv on Windows and monitor with SiteScope.  We watch the Listserv service, verify that port 25 is available, and check for the website.  I've thought of implementing a "thanks/you're welcome" check, but haven't done so.

Melissa

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael O'Neill
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 2:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LSTSRV-L] Monitoring Listserv

I need to monitor Listserv so I know when it goes down.  We are running
14.4 on Solaris and want to monitor the system using Sitescope.  I've
seen mention in other postings about managers running a job every xx
number of minutes to make sure the system is still running.  What kind
of job would that be?  What does it look for?

Mike O.