Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 13:33:43 CST
Ok, I understand that if we're going to have a CSO nameserver entry
for a listserv list, we need to have one for the "reserved" addresses
that go with it as well (ie. owner-listname, listname-request, and
listname-server).

Everything is hunky dory as long as the ph alias matches the VM userid.
But what if the list has a LIST-ID = something-long ?

The ph alias of the list is easy, it's the same as the List-ID.  The
email field can point to either vm-userid@node-where-listserv-runs,
or, if I issue a
    tell mailer set list for vm-userid
    tell mailer for LIST-ID set forward vm-userid

Do I need to issue
    tell mailer for owner-LIST-ID set forward owner-vm-userid
    tell mailer for LIST-ID-request set forward owner-vm-userid
    tell mailer for LIST-ID-server set forward owner-vm-userid

?

We started this because we thought it would be easier if we had to
move a list from one server to another, but if this is the case, I
don't think it'll be worth it.

Is anyone else trying to keep all their listserv lists in a CSO
Nameserver?  Am I crazy?

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-8300 (work)
http://helper.tamu.edu/STAFF/cbarnes/   <--- new address

"If God be for us, who be against us."   the real NO FEAR!