Rich Wiggins <RWWMAINT@MSU>
Thu, 12 Oct 89 11:26:26 EDT
>>Is there a way to inhibit my receiving mail from one of the subscribers on a
>>list that I am subscribed to?

Hmmmm.  Eric, I'm not sure that's exactly what's being asked for.
In the computer conferencing world I've seen a similar proposal to
provide a feature to mask display of responses from a particular
participant; at least one system provides this function.  The result
is choppy conversations, but it accomplishes the goal.

Given the way a distributed mailing list works, it seems that this
function would have to be supplied by the mail program at the reader's
site, not by the mailing list server.  (I suspect that's your point.)
There is work going on at MIT and elsewhere into AI schemes for filtering
large quantities of incoming e-mail; this would be a relatively simple
negative filter.

/Rich Wiggins
 Computer Lab
 Michigan State U