Chuck Kesler <CHUCK@NCSUVM>
Fri, 3 Jun 88 14:24:44 EST

provide a user directory service, I thought I would mention that this
is something that we considered when deciding how to approach this
project.  The big drawback with the seperate server solution was that
it was going to require much more software development than would
adding to Eric's code, which seems to be written in such a manner that
expanding its functionality is a relatively simple matter.

Of course, perhaps user directory services don't belong in LISTSERV.
But since we wanted something quick and easy to develop, LISTSERV seemed
the naural place to put it.

-Chuck
 Systems, NCSU Computing Center