Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:21:17 -0400
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:07:09 EDT, Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>  said:

> But for curiosity, would you mind elaborating on just what the actual
> value is supposed to be, of knowing how many recipients there were for
> any particular list distribution?

Especially if there's some regulatory issue here - I know there's some
SEC requirements for e-mailing of financials that require that everybody
receive their copies within some time X, as otherwise the guys at the front
of the list have unfair advantage over the ones at the back (I believe the
value of X is on the order of "several hours").

But note that *there*, the critical question is "when did the first one and
the last one actually go out"...

And if there's a regulatory issue, *ASK YOUR LEGAL TEAM* what the implications
of a subscription from an addresss like [log in to unmask], where
it's an internal redistribution.