Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Oct 90 01:18:01 +0100
>When a subscriber sends a  mail message to LISTSERV containing commands,
>LISTSERV does  not ignore the  subject line at the  end of the  note and
>replies that it is an "unknown command". Is this new with 1.6e

No, and  a subject line is  meant to be in  the header. I believe  it's a
PROFS-only problem  anyway, and if  it didn't  exist before it  must have
been introduced  by some new release  of PROFS. The command  is executed,
LISTSERV complains it  doesn't know about it, and then  stops, so it's no
big deal.

>Is there  any way to force  LISTSERV to ignore subject  lines and/or any
>other lines inadvertantly tagged onto the end of a mail message, such as
>auto signatures?

How can a  computer tell random signature data  and lines "inadvertently"
added at the end of a message? :-( Yet another reason not to use .sig's.

  Eric