"Zvika Bar-Deroma (Tel. +972 4 292706; FAX: +972 4 231848)" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 14 Oct 90 18:37:31 IST
On Thu, 11 Oct 90 16:11:31 CST David Young said:
>I've had the same thing happen to me twice.  Also, I started getting
>messages from MAILER's all over the place in Europe saying that my
>mail had been sent to so-and-so.  Since I haven't touched VM-UTIL's
>list headers (at any host) in quite a while, I can only assume that
>either the LISTSERV at TREARN is doing some strange things or the
>list header has been changed by the postmaster.  Any ideas on what's
>going on anybody?  Thanks.
>

> - David
I tried to  look around a bit. There definitely  is a difference between
the VM-UTIL listheader  @TREARN and anywhere else. The TREARN  one has a
MAIL-VIA=DIst2 and  all other peers  have Mail-Via= Distribute .  I must
admit that I'm really not sure  whether that's where trouble comes from.
Two more  differences I  found, were  that when I  sent the  REV command
(with  SHORT option,  please..  - just  REV VM-UTIL  (SHORT  ) ,  TREARN
responded by  sending its list  header, whereas LISTSERV@DEARN  sent its
file, as well as forwarded my request to the other peers, which on their
turn  sent me  their header,  and  if necessary  sent a  REV request  to
another  peer. Last  thing  I did  was to  check  the various  LISTSERVs
levels. Well all  run 1.6e, except DEARN with 1.5o  and TREARN with (the
reply from a RELEASE command):  "LISTEARN Version 1.1 (FIX10N3)" - maybe
that's where the problem begins...remember  that LISTEARN 1.0 ~ LISTSERV
1.5o, but I know nothing of LISTEARN 1.1 .

/Zvika