Ray Van Dolson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:05:16 -0700
Hi all... using ListServ 14.5 here and have plenty of users receiving
the MIME digest (which uses a multipart/digest header).  This works
fine for most mail readers, but appears to have issues with at least
two webmail clients: Gmail and Yahoo Mail.

Both of these clients simply ignore the multipart/digest headers and
display the message as one big message.  Worse, they also strip out the
internal From: Date:, etc headers making it impossible to reply to an
encapsulated message without viewing the original message source.

Has anyone else run across this?  I am trying to find a solution other
than recommending that people use their personal mail clients to read
the digests.

Is there something wrong with ListServ's MIME headers or are
Yahoo/Gmail to blame here?

I've posted to Gmail's support forums as well--we'll see if anyone
there can shed some light on things:

  http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Problem-solving/browse_frm/thread/6ec44e6832027c21/e9f9998d9788ce7d#e9f9998d9788ce7d

TIA,
Ray