Garrie Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:43:59 -0600
Thanks to Nathan and Eric for pointing me to the fix for my Attachments problem
on 1.8d for VM.  But now,  I'm back to where I started...

My original problem a few months ago, which sent us upgrading to 1.8d, was that
one of our lists was experiencing problems with a large number of users, of
different domains, receiving digests.  I was seeing

Error 24 from LSWBITFD, check console log.

And the console log showed this error came from an attempt to send out digests
for this list, which generated another error:  "All target nodes were unknown."

Since we do have the latest BITEARN NODES table, I issued the NODESGEN command
(as prescribed when I initially reported the Error 24 message)

but when the digests ran again last night, the Error 24 appeared again.

Other clues:

My other list owners with digests are not reporting this problem.  When I
changed the header options on the problem list this morning so that the digests
would attempt to fire off earlier today rather than at midnight I came across
anothe error which may or may not be related:

WARNING: new  subscriber data was found  in the replacement list  you sent,
possibly due to the use of a signature file with an unusual separator line.
If  you really  meant to  update the  subscriber data,  please resend  your
request with the word "PUT" replaced  with "PUTALL". For now, only the list
header will be updated.

Never see this one before.  Since I issued the command with 'TELL LISTSERV'
(we're on a VM system) rather than through an email to the listserv address
there should not have been a signature file involved here.

Any ideas?

--Garrie