Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:56:44 -0600
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:48:32 -0400, Steve Eckard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have an owner who administera 6 lists. Approximately on a
>24 hour basis she gets message, in part, "you do not have a
>listserv password for this server", and must go through the
>procedure to create a password. Any ideas why this is
>happening? Thanks.

Her password is probably not disappearing.  Far more likely is that her
address is changing.  Inspection of the LISTSERV log file at the appropriate
times would show the actual address that attempted the command or whatever.
You could also search the log file for PW DEL command.  It is barely possible
some mailicious person is spoofing her address and causin the password to be
deleted, but this seems very far-fetched.