Greg Kroll <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 08:35:01 EDT
On Wed, 24 Apr 1996 16:43:27 +1000 Darelle Ng said:
>I am having a bit of problems with Send= Private as subscribers who
>subscribe using their email alias could not then send mail to the list they
>have subscribed to. I have to change to Send= Public. Is there a way around
>this?
>
>I was having the same problem when I use email aliases for owners. The
>owners then would not be able to access their list. I have to change the
>alias to their email address.

I've had this same problem for a long time.  The owners are no big deal just
list their primary address first and all other addresses (aliases) after a

* Owner= Quiet:

line in the list header.
e.g.,
*
*...
* Owner= [log in to unmask] Greg Kroll
* Owner= Quiet:
* Owner= [log in to unmask] Greg Kroll
* Owner= [log in to unmask] Greg Kroll
*...

The subscriber list is another story.  Other than subscribing 2 addresses
and setting one to NOMAIL (as someone already suggested), you could:

1) Set Send= Public   Confidential= Yes
   If you set Send= Public I would also add: Subscription= Open,Confirm
2) Use a Service= and/or Local= keyword(s) and set Send= to one of these
   (if this is appropriate, i.e., if you can restrict the list).
   e.g.,
      Service= latrobe.edu.au, ...

Hope this helps.

--Greg Kroll