Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Oct 1991 21:47:41 +0100
On Wed, 9 Oct 1991 15:15:59 EST Rex Bontrager <REXB@PURCCVM> said:

>1.  Several of his AFD subscribers have addresses of the form
>       a!b@c
>    where the a!b is case sensitive and must be in lowercase when
>    it reaches host c. Unfortunately, LISTSERV appears to uppercase
>    the entire address before passing it on to MAILER/SMTP.
>    Is it possible to force the address to remain unaltered?

I knew I should  never have supported MAIL format for AFD.  I will try to
fix that tomorrow.

>2.  Is it possible for the list owner to obtain a non-truncated list
>    of AFD subscribers?  (Hint: AFD LIST|QUERY|GET is not the answer)

Methinks the addresses we are talking  about are the kind which might not
always fit on a stone-age  differently-abled rodent-less terminal. Add 26
for the fileid and the problem becomes clear. Like I said above, this was
simply not designed originally for e-mail addresses.

>3.  Is it possible for the list owner to delete individual AFD
>    subscribers?

Yes, AFD FOR [log in to unmask] DEL
filename filetype.

  Eric