Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 May 2015 20:35:39 +0000
text/plain (1 lines)
No, sorry.  As documented, the primetime windows are in multiples of one hour only.  The minutes portion of the time specification is nothing but cosmetic.  You could as well as do

Prime="MON-THU: -; FRI: 00-12 14-23; SAT-SUN: -"

Which would also open a one-hour window on Friday at 1PM.

Again, as I noted yesterday, if you only want a list to post during a short period during one day of the week, you also have to block out the other days of the week.  Primetime is only the time when LISTSERV will NOT process mail.  So basically if you have 

Prime= "FRI: 00:00-12:59 14:00-23:59"

you've left Monday through Thursday plus Saturday and Sunday wide open for posting while opening a one-hour window on Friday from 1PM to 2PM.  If you want to close things down except for that one hour on Friday then you need

Prime= "MON-THU: 00:00-23:59; FRI: 00:00-12:59 14:00-23:59; SAT-SUN: 00:00-23:59"

But again, the minimum window is one hour.  What you've done below is functionally equivalent to Prime= "FRI: 00:00-23:59".

I have to say that I wonder why you're trying to clamp the posting time down so hard, but I don't know enough about what you're trying to do to comment intelligently as to possible alternatives.

Nathan

-----Original Message-----

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doc

Sent: Friday, May 08, 2015 1:16 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: PRIME

shouldn't I be able to set a more narrow window? e.g.,

FRI: 00:00-12:59 13:05-23:59

just for 5 minutes on a Friday between 1 and 1:05 pm?

the reason I ask is I have a number of lists w/ such a window and they are posting all over the place, hours worth of difference's...

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list:

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]

or click the following link:

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list:

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]

or click the following link:

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2