Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Aug 2022 08:39:48 -0600
On Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:38:45 -0400, Ari Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Specifically which should we edit, ~listserv/go.user or ~listserv/home/sitecfg.file?

You should only edit ~listserv/go.user.  It is not safe to edit
~listserv/home/sitecfg.file as this file is maintained by LISTSERV and has a
specific format which is not documented and which you may not understand.

>Also confusing to me is what happens if I make changes in the Web GUI. Which file(s) does that update?

Changes via the www interface go into ~listserv/home/sitecfg.file but since
LISTSERV is writing that file it knows how to do it correctly.

In all cases (changes via go.user or via www interface) you must restart the
LISTSERV process for the changes to take effect.  If you make changes via
the www interface there is a handy 'button' you can click on to do this.  If
you edit go.user, then you need to restart from the command line.

Also, when editing string variables in go.user don't forget to 'export' that
variable name.