Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 16:58:41 +0200
L-Soft's Internet provider  has been having serious problems  with one of
its routers  since yesterday and  we've been off  the air since  then. We
don't have an ETR yet. For unix LISTSERV sites, if you have a lot of mail
queued to  BITMAIL.LSOFT.COM and  your institution  is also  connected to
BITNET, you may want to modify  go.user to define a BITNET_ROUTE pointing
to your BITNET  machine. If you have  your own BITNET system,  it is more
efficient   to  use   it   for  your   BITNET   gatewaying  rather   than
BITMAIL.LSOFT.COM. The  BITMAIL machine is going  to be a bit  slow after
connectivity comes back  because it doesn't have much  spare capacity and
there is probably quite  a backlog. The good news is  that we've bought a
machine that should  be able to handle about 2  million daily deliveries.
It was just delivered yesterday, so hopefully we will be able to activate
it sometime next week.

  Eric