"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Wed, 8 Jun 88 14:15:17 GMT
No it  doesn't help, because  your version  of LISTSERV is  by definition
outdated  as compared  to mine  and there's  nothing I  can do  with your
EXECs. Anyway, I don't want to make that change:

- TRANS RDR spid TO someone normally works if you have class D. It always
  works if you don't have class D.

- TRANS LISTSERV RDR spid TO someone works if you have class D. It never,
  repeated NEVER, works if you do NOT have class D.

Some people  are running  LISTSERV without class  D, because  either they
don't  create  lists  and  only   use  the  file  server  functions  (see
FILESERV@IRLEARN), or they have made mods  to RSCS and CP to avoid having
to do this  (BROWNVM has such a  set of mods I  believe, UKACRL certainly
does). I don't want to break the class G servers just because IBM decided
to break  the TRANSFER command,  which will probably  break a lot  of IBM
software, and especially as IBM later decided to mend the broken command,
which completely solves the problem.

  Eric