Christopher Kosel <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:26:52 -0500
Tickets are commands that can be issued to Listserv using encrypted URLs.
Because of the convenience, they work great in forms embedded in HTML
emails. But because of the length, they are problematic for plain text. An
example is below:

http://listserver.digitalriver.com/scripts/wa.exe?TICKET=NzMwMzY1IHRvd2VyMDZ
ASUJNLk5FVCBJTlRFUlBMQVk1IGoypOUFQdVL&c=unsubscribe

Right now, this list is defaulted to CONCEAL. Otherwise you would receive
the following error:

Please type  your name after the  name of the list,  as in: "SUBSCRIBE
INTERPLAY-L Joe  H. Smith".  Alternatively, if  you want  to subscribe
anonymously, send the command: "SUBSCRIBE INTERPLAY-L Anonymous". Your
subscription will then be hidden automatically.

However, there are no places to input the requested information which means
that the end user would need to send an email to the listserver and that
defeats the reason for using the tickets.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Stober [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 11:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

Just curious, what's a ticket? If it's a URL that lets someone subscribe,
doesn't it take them to a Web page where they enter any missing information?
This sounds interesting, but I don't really understand the problem.

= Marc Louis Stober
= Systems Manager
= The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
= http://www.uscj.org