Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:43:19 -0500
Management here has recently decided to move from proprietary operating
systems to open source ones such as Linux. As I recall, Listserv is
supported under Linux, but I am if many Listserv installations are running
on Linux systems. We run two Listserv installations now. One is Listserv
1.8d under Tru64 Unix and the other is Listserv 1.8e under Windows 2000
and the idea is to migrate them both to a Linux system if Linux is a
viable platform for Listserv.

We would be running under whatever Linux makes sense and it would be
Listserv 1.8e, LSMTP, and the Listserv anti-virus protection.

Any comments from those of you who run Listserv in a similar OS
environment are welcome. Mainly, I am interested to know if it works well
for your organization, how many lists/subscribers are involved,
performance, and reliability.