David Boyes <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 Dec 89 18:55:59 CST
I'd like to suggest a small improvement to the code that nags the postmaster
about a out-of-date routing files. Currently the code depends on the version
number of BITEARN NODES being the first entry in the file. If (for some reason)
that entry is sorted into its alphabetically proper place in the file, the
detection code fails, comparing 'VERS' with the calculated value of the
supposed correct update.

Since it only has to check this once a day, could the code scan through the
file and fail only if the entry is not present? It would seem an overall
safer way to do it.

(Yes, I know it's trivial to move the entries to their appropriate place, but
it seems like a fairly simple fix that would be a Good Thing in the long
run.)

No immediate action necessary, but it should probably go on the queue for 1.6d
or e.