Beth Engelbrecht-Wiggans - CCSO <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 15:22:36 -0500
Yet another, unrelated question.

One of my lists is having problems with their moderated list.  So
I thought I could watch/help them along.  This is when I realized
I really don't have a clue how this works.

The system I set up for them is a bit complicated, so please stick
with me.

the list is called dddh-l. the header of this list has the
following lines:
        *  Subscription= by owner
        *  Send= Editor,hold
        *  Editor= [log in to unmask], (DDDH-MOD-L)

I set it up this way so all the people on the list dddh-mod-l
would get a copy of the submissions and any of them would be
able to 'OK' a posting.

when a posting comes into dddh-l, everyone on the dddh-mod-l
gets a piece of mail asking for approval.  A file appears on
listserv's home directory

-rw-r--r--   1 listserv listserv    1244 Aug  8 14:44 dddh-l.ok59d995

now the mail that each of the people on the moderator list
has an OK number which does NOT correspond to the number on the
file name.  I find this a bit odd.

When they go ahead and reply to the message from listserv asking
for an OK, listserv tells them that the number does not correspond
to any existing jobs.

I am at a loss.  So I try to be tricky and tell the to send an
ok with the number on the file.  This did not work as well.

Any one have any suggestions as to where I went wrong?

thanks
b.

--

Beth Engelbrecht-Wiggans        [log in to unmask]         333-8627
Research Programmer             CCSO                    1503 DCL, MC 256