george tsai <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 16:57:44 -0500
David Boyes wrote:

> > How do I add a lot of users using
> > "add listname newaddress full_name"
> > without Listserv notify me a confirmation mail for each add entry?
> > (Validate=Yes,Confirm,NOPW)
>
> In the List Owners guide, there is a description of the QUIET
> command.
Even with Quiet, the lost owner got confirmation message for each entry.
For example, if I have three new users and I send three ADD entries in a
mail to Listserv, there are 4 mails back to me: One acknowledge and three
confirmations for each entry.

> There is also a description of doing mass adds -- search
> for the word IMPORT in the list onwers guide and you'll be right
> at an example of how to do it.

I follow the example to add three users but get "DDname "X" not found in job stream."
I guess I don't quite understand what exactly dose DD means.
(The Listserv is on IRIX, not VM)

QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT
//X DD *
user1