Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 14:38:20 -0500
On 10/2/97 2:12 PM CDT, Helen P. Nulty <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>I have had a report from a list owner that messages have been returned to
>subscribers with the following explanation.  The subscriber did NOT post
>the message twice.  What causes this to happen?  Thank you.

It's usually a faulty mail system that sends two copies of their message
to the list.

This often happens if the first connection times out, but the actual
message still made it through. The system doesn't know that, and tries
again.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;