Cliff Frost {415} 642-5360 <CLIFF@UCBCMSA>
Sat, 21 Nov 87 11:44 PST
Well, it sounds like we've finally gotten to, dare I say it, 'The Real
Problem'.  The Real Problem with fixing the Sender header is that it
is difficult, perhaps extremely difficult, to implement with distributed
LISTSERVs.

This is a perfectly legitimate Problem, as far as I'm concerned, but
it would be very nice to see if clever people could come up with clever
ways of dealing with it.  So, kudos to Eric for allowing variable
Sender headers.

Maybe now we won't have to be confused by a proliferation of 'The Real
Problem's that make no sense on close inspection, and end up chasing
eachother around in dizzying circles--at least if you think as slowly
as I do.

As an aside, I process my mail just like Eric, using RDRLIST as the
main tool.  For almost all lists, however, I subscribe our local staff
bulletin board.  That way I don't have to worry about having 10
jillion RDR files all from mailing lists, and the systems staff here
can read them or ignore them as they feel like it.

       Cliff