SHIRLEY VARMETTE - SOCIOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 10:17:00 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Bellan-Boyer
<[log in to unmask]> writes...
>> Has anyone reading this posting ever been invited to move their
>> list to a particular academic (free) site as a direct result of
>> having posted a request here?
>
>I asked re: one list.  No answer.  Through other connections I have
>located a site that will support it gratis, but it uses MX and I'm
>holding out hope for LISTSERV.  The member-supported concept is
>possible, but I'm not eager to take on the administrative work of
>keeping track of the cash, and $40/month is a little more than I'm
>willing to underwrite.  Another example of wanting to have my cake and
>eat it too.

>Paul Bellan-Boyer

FYI.......I will be going to a temp site for 6 months.  Some with lists at
Ga Tech have been able to move to sites where they have members.

At least one has gone to a site in Europe.  At least now I feel as if I have
breathing room.  I'll (maybe) be able to figure out why the listowner
commands I was sent originally don't work.  And maybe figure out what to do
with all of the error reports.