Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 10:07:22 -0400
On Mon, 01 Sep 1997 08:59:11 EDT, you said:
> >                Last error: Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.1

> I understand that there may be a typo of the address portion to the left
> of the "@" sign, but everything that the owners send me I can't see
> anything wrong.  Everything has
> Last error, Unavailable, no bad id is listed.

John: This is yet another manifestation of the '550 user unknown' bug in
the VT 'deliver' program.  As far as I can tell, the '550 user unknown'
version hits if the mail server is able to immediately bounce the mail,
but the 'DSN status 5.1.1' (which means the same thing) returns if the
mail server queues the mail, and then creates a bounce.   In any case,
it's not Listserv's fault, it's our brain-deal local-hack "deliver".

/Valdis