Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 May 1994 15:20:29 MST
On Thu, 26 May 1994 16:03:23 -0400 Jim Conklin for Ken King said:
>        One of the goals of the CREN software acquisition effort is to
>protect its members from the rampant greed of monopolists.  For those

   I suppose from this line of crap we're supposed to infer that Eric
and L-Soft are greedy monopolists and that CREN has no corporate interest
in self preservation.  Yeah.  Sure.  Can we say 'holding on by our
fingernails'?

>considering doing business with a company that operates in the style of
>L-Soft, the following advice may be helpful.

   Nothing like attacking someone you have a contract with.  Interesting.

>2.      Be wary of prices to be set later when they have "more experience".

  I'm wary of lots of things....including those who make vicious personal
attacks.  NOT the way good businesspersons do business.

>remember LISTSERV VM-TCP/IP is a new product requiring a new license, not
>an upgrade from LISTSERV VM-NJE.

  Oh, and now you're insulting the CREN members or former members and their
counsel, suggesting that they don't have the commonsense to know such things
and to check them out.

>4.      Remember that dropping CREN membership will result in your removal
>from the BITNET routing tables.

  BFD.

>5.      In the next few weeks there may be some CREN announcements that
>will help you get an even better deal.  Watch BITNEWS.

   And maybe pigs will fly.

   And maybe the world's total supply of vaporware will turn into magnificent
products that install instantly and take no user training, too.

   And maybe CREN will really have some super deals.

   I'm waiting.....

   For the uninformed, I'm NOT the person who calls whether or not IDBSU
continues as a CREN member or not.  But, if asked, you can guess what
my recommendation would be....and will be.....hell, I've already left voice
mail on it after reading this rude and hostile piece of crap.

cyclops

  Dan Lester                          Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Network Information Coordinator     Bitnet:   ALILESTE@IDBSU
  Boise State University Library
  Boise, Idaho  83725                 In the kingdom of the blind, the
  208-385-1235                        one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus. 1523